Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Had To Kick Him Out Of My House

What do you do if you have a salesman out to your house to give you an estimate and he refuses to leave? I can't tell you how many times I have heard from people who have had this happen. The weird part about it is that often times in-home salesmen are trained to use this method to "close the deal." I know of more than a few home improvement companies that have hired consultants for over $200,000 a year to teach their sales force these tactics. I'll write more about the strange world of in-home sales in the future because I have found it to be so distasteful that I would love to expose it for what it is and maybe spare a few people the heartache that it can cause as well. One of my colleagues always used to comment on how he had never met people who were so deluded until he worked for a big-name gutter company. He was astounded that they actually believed that these "sales tactics" would work. This is really the main reason I started my own company, so I could treat my customers like real humans and not be sent to the re-education camps that the big companies pay so much to provide. So what do you do if this happens...hide your wallet and call the police.
Stay tuned for more stories from inside the industry

www.springrockgutters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment